Tuesday 31 March 2020

"Rendezvous with Antarang"- Sujata Babar


 Sujata Babar








Introduction

I am a nature loving human being, a woman, a mother, a daughter, a friend and a
wife! I am a freelance trainer-facilitator and writer. I am engaged with social and
environmental organizations, movements and work with them both voluntary as
well as professionally. I am an activist and believe in social justice and eco-justice.
I am also a science lover. I did research in Organic Chemistry but my interests
inspired me to walk out and get engaged with social movements. My love for
science motivated me to contribute in science awareness campaigns. I have done
Masters in Organic Chemistry as well as in Mass Communication and Journalism.
The book "कॅन्सरच्या विळख्यातून जगण्याच्या उर्मीकडे" worded by me has
received Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad Puraskar in 2018. The book "रंग
पत्रकारितेचे" edited by me has been awarded Shabdgandh Sahitya Puraskar,
Ahmednagar in 2011. Parent teacher association of Maharashtra Seva Sangh,
Nashik has felicitated me for consistent writing in Newspapers, Magazines and for
Documentation. I write blogs and articles, stories in various newspapers and
magazines. I have also written books, translated and worded few books for
different publications. I have written more than thousand articles on various
topics like, Parenting, Women, Media Literacy, Sexuality Education, Gender,
Astronomy, Chemistry in daily life, Films, Environment, Birding and Social issues. I
have been invited on various channels, radio stations and public programs for
interviews as an expert on different issues like education, astronomy, people’s
science, media, and parenting.

Astronomy is one of my loved subjects. I am one of the founders of Khagol
Mandal, Nashik which is an organization of amateur astronomers. It works for the
awareness and education in Astronomy. I have been instrumental in restarting
Yashwantrao Chavan Planetarium in Nashik. I have learnt a lot from Astronomy.
We are too small part of the Universe, so always be grounded and rooted. I have
learnt to be down to earth always. My hobbies like wild life and birding have
given me immense knowledge of nature as well as taught me to be a good human
being. I work with tribal, young children and marginalized as well as mainstream
youth and children. I also like to mentor them, unfold leadership and creativity

amongst them, and try to inculcate social perspective amongst them. I love to be
with teenagers, kids and youth. They are my source of energy.Blog link.
https://thewingedsouls.blogspot.com/

Antarang Team has interviewed Sujata and here is the summery

What makes you smile the most?

When I see and experience good things happening around.

What music makes you cry?

Any touchy situation; may be from real life, films and serials too! They may be both sad and happy movements from anyone’s life.

What little thing makes you the most grateful to be alive?

So many! When I see sensitive and compassionate people around, children having fun without TV or screen, youth talking sensible and being helpful to others, especially elders, when I visit wild life  and bird sanctuaries,  when we have astronomy sessions and people enjoy them, struggle and positive attitude of my closed ones, may be family and relatives or may be friends. I feel grateful to be alive as I have been blessed to see many solar eclipses, many comets, meteor showers, occultation, transits which many people may not experience in their life. Most importantly I feel grateful to be alive that I am a small creature on this only living planet!

On hard days, what motivates you to get up and start your day?

My perseverance for accomplishment, determination and my favorite music

How do you find strength when you are going through hardships?

First of all I accept the things that have happened, understand that one cannot change the situation. I reflect upon the situation and myself. So, become strong and face it with courage and grace. Sometimes, I become too emotional in such situations, but then shift to practical and rational thoughts. Sometimes emotional responses work, sometimes rational responses work. Many times I write down or share with closed ones. I think I am not the only one to be in such situation, there are man so don’t worry, there are co-travellers. Sometimes I get disconnected and think objectively. I get strength from within and my closed ones.

What family member do you call when you have good news to share?

My husband and son

Who inspires you to live your best life?

Nature

When you have to confront someone do you choose to stand strong, or to not say anything at all?

Most of the times, I stand strong. I believe in certain values, and when there are
non-negotiable situations, I am firm on my stands. In small things or if the persons
involved are important to me, I may not say anything.

What person made you believe in love?

Myself

Do you believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason?

I never used to believe in fate, but looking at some situation in life I am not very much sure about the fate. And yes, I believe that everything that happens has a reason!

When you got your heartbroken for the first time, what got you through it?

When I realized that because I am a girl, I am missing some opportunities! By regaining and reclaiming my strength!

What makes you most proud of yourself?

I feel proud that I am part of this society which has offered me so many gracious and precious moments in my life! I feel proud that so many good people are in my life and I am gifted for that!

When in a crisis, do you act calmly, or do you automatically freak out? –

Generally I stay calm. In many crisis situations I have to take or I take lead and sort out the things.

What keeps you up at night?

Good movies, chatting with friends and family and star gazing parties!

If there was one charity you could donate to, which would you choose?

Body donation

On your best days, who do you want standing next to you? 

My family and friends

On your hardest days, who do you want standing next to you? –

My family and friends

What is the one word that perfectly explains who you are?

Empathic person

Where do you envision yourself in five years? 

More creative writer, continue as science popularization and social activist, and researcher

What is your message to our Antarang Women readers?

Be yourself and believe in yourself.














No comments:

Post a Comment