Thursday 30 April 2020

"Rendezvous with Antarang" - Nihira Joshi Deshpande.

 Nihira Joshi Deshpande



About Nihira:

Hi, this is Nihira Joshi Deshpande. I am a professional musician, a singer and a composer. I have appeared on TV shows like Sareagamapa and Soor Nava Dhyas Nava. I have sung for films in Bollywood like Kill Dill, Salaam e ishq, Bunty aur Bubli. I had the priviledge of working with Shankar Ehsaan Loy in these films. I have also sung for a lot of Marathi films like Zenda, Irada Pakka, Whats up Lagna, Aamhi Saatpute for composers like Avadoot Gupte, Nilesh Moharir, Ashok Patki, Saleel Kulkarni, Jitendra Kulkarni. I am a Radio Mirchi Award and a State Award Nominee for my song in Whats up Lagna, Funkarichi Vaadale.
I also compose and sing my own songs. My two independent singles called Na Chedo Hamein and Nirmohiya are available on my youtube channel as well as several audio platforms. Nirmohiya was a part of the Apple Music Editors List . At the same time it has been nominated for the Independent Music Awards, in USA, as one of the top five songs in the Adult Contemporary Song category.
I am working on new original music and plan to release it as soon as the tracks are ready.

You tube link

Antarang Team has interviewed Nihira and here is the summary


1. What makes you smile the most?
     Latin music and a good salsa/bachata dance, a satisfying moment of creativity in music, a good walk.

2. What music makes you cry?
       Old memories at times, when I have expectations from wrong people. When I see honest people suffer.

3. What little thing makes you the most grateful to be alive? 
     To have a loving family, friends who would stretch their extents for me, to have the ability to express myself musically. 

4. On hard days, what motivates you to get up and start your day? 
     Sunrise and a cup of coffee. These two things can motivate me on any day.

5. How do you find strength when you are going through hardships?  
      A conversation with a loved one, music and dance. 

6.What family member do you call when you have good news to share?
My husband (if he is not around when I receive it) followed by my parents and in laws.

7. Who inspires you to live your best life?
Everyone around me who finds newer ways of making their lives happy, as well as others’.

8. When you have to confront someone do you choose to stand strong, or to not say anything at all?
Whatever yields the desired result. Depends upon the person.

9. What person made you believe in love?
My husband. He loves me and stands by me no matter what.

10. Do you believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason? 
Yes. Absolutely.

11. When you got your heartbroken for the first time, what got you through it?  
       My parents. They stood by me rock-solid.

12. What makes you most proud of yourself? 
       I do not leave the path I believe in.

13. When in a crisis, do you act calmly or do you automatically freak out?
If I am alone, I act calmly.If I am in the comfort zone of my family, I do take the liberty of panicking a little😊

14. What keeps you up at night?
If a melody is brewing in my mind.

15. If there was one charity you could donate to, which would you choose?
I would like to do something for upcoming independent artists, who are looking at following their path without bending to the market demands and success formulae. 

16. What is the one quality you need in a significant other?
Of being an empathic listener and not belittling or invalidating your feelings.

17. On your best days, who do you want standing next to you? 
       My family.

18. On your hardest days, who do you want standing next to you?
My family again.

19. What is the one word that perfectly explains who you are? 
      Romantic.

20. Where do you envision yourself in five years?
Basking in my favourite art forms, music and latin dancing, alongside my family and a few more loved friends.

21.What is your message to our Antarang women readers?
Be yourselves, make sure you find your joy in something other than your family and work. That will keep you young and fresh forever:)

No comments:

Post a Comment